Member Spotlight – DSM Productions
This month we stepped into the exciting world of live events production company DSM Productions by speaking to its Founder, Wakefield’s own Dan Smith.
1. Summarise your business in a couple of sentences
DSM Productions specialises in live event production offering audio visual solutions, lighting, stage and set design and much more for events such as music festivals, product launches, award ceremonies and conferences.
2. Can you showcase your offering, including an example of a recent project/initiative?
DSM recently did an event for a local manufacturing company where we turned an empty warehouse space into a VIP expo event for the companies’ big investors, supplying technical production, lighting, sound reinforcement, visuals and everything else that goes with.
3. How long have you worked/been based in the Wakefield District?
This is DSM’s third year in Wakefield, however I am Wakefield born and bred.
4. Why the Wakefield District?
I think Wakefield is fast becoming one of the biggest live event hubs in the UK, and Europe. With excellent access to the country motorway networks no event is ever out of our reach, logistically it makes perfect sense.
5. Why did you become a Bondholder?
To be able to give back to a city that has been home for me, to help promote Wakefield and, of course, the business connections.
6. What’s next for the Wakefield District?
I think Wakefield has a fast developing live event industry with the likes of Production Park and Backstage Academy and, because of this, I think this trend could continue. I would like to see Wakefield become the home of live events.
7. Do you know an interesting fact about the District?
It’s full of “right nice folk”.